Saturday, 11 December 2010

Foxton Photos published

I didn't think I was going to make it before Battle Hill, but I did - Foxton photos are now on-line and I've cleared my back-log, at least for a day!!


Along with others from WATRC, I attended the funeral of Gabrielle Deuss on Thursday. On our behalf, Eunice Tyler paid tribute to Gabrielle's contribution to equestrian sport, along with representatives from other organisations with whom Gabrielle has been associated.

The most moving tributes were given by her family and I'm sure all of us who know the Deuss's will support them through this time.


Battle Hill tomorrow has a new extension for the Intermediate and Open riders. The shorter distance remains much as it was, traversing the farm and the extended Puketiro Loop, while the longer distance covers a new section of private land stretching along the tops towards Flighty's Road. This should help take some of the sting out of what's always been a challenging ride as past extensions have often involved additional steep hill-climbs.

This is the last ride of the calendar year and is always popular despite the challenging terrain.

Hope to see you there, somewhere on the trail.

No comments: