Saturday, 4 December 2010

Wainuiomata Photos on-line

The Wainuiomata set is smaller than usual, reflecting on the one hand the smaller size of the field, and on the other the shorter time your photographer was out on the course. I haven't worked out whether I got shots of everyone or not - the course layout and my limited time meant I got only as far as the second loop start point for the Open and Intermediate riders, but at least that was a point that every rider had to pass at least once, so the chances are if you saw me, I saw you.

A challenging ride and whatever else you may have thought of it, you have to admire the locals and their horses for whom this terrain and similar is their normal training and recreation venue. Magnificent views as promised, and a handy location for the more southerly based competitors.

I've now started on the Foxton set - I doubt it will be complete before the Battle Hill ride, but I'm hopeful that both will be available before Xmas - Foxton is another big set, and I expect Battle Hill will be too as it's the last ride of the calendar year and hosts our Rhona Fraser Challenge event.

While Battle Hill is another challenging ride with the long climb and descent of the Puketiro Loop track, we're hoping this year to use trails on neighbouring private land to provide the extensions to the course. Having seen some of the trails that are likely to be used, I'm hopeful that these will enhance this course and encourage more competitors to try the longer classes.

Hope to see you there.

No comments: